NOTE:- ALL DISPUTED AND CLAIMS ARE SUBJECT TO MUMBAI JURISDICTION.
- THE AIRWAY BILL
- The Universal Courier waybill is not negotlable and the shipper acknowledges that has been prepared by the shipper or by Universal Courier on behalf of this shipper.
- The responsibility of Universal Courier for a shipment accepted under a way bill ceases when the consignee acknowledges the receipt of the shipment by affecting his signature on the return original copy and or the delivery sheet.
- All shipment under the waybill carried at owners risk.
- SHIPPER OBLIGATION AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- By tendering materials for shipment via. Universal Courier is it deemed that the shipper agrees to the terms and condition stated herein
- The shipper warrants that he is the owner or the authorize agent of the goods transported here and that the shipper hereby accept i.e.terms and conditions for itself and or as and agent for as on behalf of any other person having any interest in the shipment.
- The shipper warrants that each article in the shipments is properly describes on this way bill and it does not contend the provision of the Indian post office act or any other law for the time being in force and has not be declared by U.C. to the unacceptable for transport as specified under section 12 below and that the shipment is properly market and addressed and packed to endure safe handling.
- The shipper be soley liable for all costs and expenses(which shall without limitations include octroi, state and local taxes and imports) related to the shipment and costs incurred either in returning the shipment to the shipper or warehousing the shipment pending such return.
- The shipper accepts the conditions. That the shipments is being carried by U.C.from point of rendering only up to the address shown on this waybill. In case the shipment has to be rerouted/redirected returned for any reason whatsoever the shipper shall pay in advance all charges levied by U.C. for such rerouting/redirection. Retun as per the normal schedule of U.C. As also any octroi state local taxes imports etc. applicable theron U.C.will hold such shipment at destination mentioned on the waybill for maximum period of 10 days from the date of shipment. There after U.C. reserves the right of destroy the shipment without informing the shipper and the shipper indemnifies U.C. against the all claim or liabilities.
- Packing of the material rendered for the shipment is the responsibility of the shipper including placement of such materials inside the containers supplied by U.C.
- U.C. RIGHTS OF INSPECTION OF SHIPMENT.
- U.C. has the right and not the obligation to open and/ or inspect the shipment.
- U.C. reserves the right to refuse shipment not conforming to these terms and conditions without as signing any reason whatsoever.
The Shipper may if he so desire insure his shipments at his own cost.
Any control sales Tax or Duties as may be applicable on this shipment will be payable by the consignee at the time of delivery of the shipment U.C. preserves the right on any shipment till its duties are paid in full respect of freight octroi taxes and other chareges.
- CHARGEABLE WEIGHT
- Every shipment shall be charged by its chargeable weight. As defined here under and not the actual weight. The chargeable weight shall be higher of (a) the actual weight rounded of to the next higher half kg or one kg as per the rate category agreed to or (b) the volume weight similarly rounded off as in (a) above.
- Volume weight to the shipment in kilogram is its gross cubic volume in cubic centimeter divided by 6000.
- LIEN ON GOODS SHIPPED
U.C. will have a lien on goods shipped for all freight charged octroi state & local axes advance or other charges of any kind arising out of transportation here under and may refuse to surrender possession of goods until such charges are paid.
- LIMITATION OF LABILITY
- Without prejudice to section 9 and section 10 the liability of U.C.for any loss or damage to the shipment ( which terms shall include all documents or parcels consigned through W.E.S.) shall be lowest of (a) Rs.500 or (b) the amount of loss or damage to the document or parcel as sustained or (c) values of the document or parcel as determined without regards to the commercial utility of special to the shipper.
- The actual values of the document or parcel shall be as (re contained by the reference to the cost or preparation of replacement/reconstruction value at the time and place of shipment but under no circumstances shall exceed Rs.500.
- The actual value of the parcel (which terms shall include item of commercial value which is transported here under) shall be ascertained by reference to the replacement/resale or fair market value not exceeding the original cost of the article actually paid by the shipper always within the over all limit of Rs.500.
- CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EXCLUDED
U.C. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT LAWS HOWSOEVER ARISING whether or not U.C. has acknowledge that such damages might be incurred including but the not limited to loss of income, profits, interest, utility or loss of markets.
- LIABILITIES IS NOT ASSUMED
In particular U.C. will not be liable for any loss or damage to the shipments or delay in picking up or delivering if it is.
- Due to the Acts of God force majeure occurrence of any causes reasonably beyond the control of U.C. or loss damage caused through strikes riots. Political and other disturbances such as fire of the vehicle carrying the goods explosion beyond our control for the goods that are carried by us.
- Caused by
- The act, Fault or commission of the shipper, the consignees or any of the party claiming an interest in the shipment( Including violation of any terms or conditions thereof) or any other person.
- Carrier such as airlines or airways not adhering to schedule for any reason whatsoever.
- Government officiates in discharges of their official duties such as Customs/Taxation/Octroi inspection etc.
- The nature of the shipment of any defects characteristics inherit vice thereof.
- Electrical or magnetic injury, erasure or other, such damages to photographic images or recording in any form.
- The shipper indemnifies U.C. against loss, damages, penalties, actions, proceeding, etc. That may be instituted by any government official in discharge of there official duties such as Customs/ Taxation / Octori inspection etc.
- Not withstanding what is stated above while U.C. will Endeavour to exercise its best efforts to provide expetious delivery in accordance with its regular delivery U.C.WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR DELAY IN PICKUP FOR TRANSPORTATION OR DELIVERY OF ANY SHIPMENT REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OF SUCH DELAYS.
- Any claim must be brought by the shipper and delivered in writing to the office of U.C. nearest to the location at which the shipments is accepted within 15 days of the date of such acceptance no claim can be made against U.C. beyond this time limit.
- No claim for loss or damage will be entertained until all charges have been paid. The amount of any such claim will not be deducted from any transportation charges owned to U.C.
- MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED FOR CARRIAGE
- Except as per written agreement between shipper and U.C.
- Not permitted by the laws/rules/restrictions in force and
- Any items notified by U.C. to be prohibited items including share certificates & blank signed share transfer forms.
- A detailed of materials not accepted by carriage is available on request.